The Island Comber’s 20 Best Vacation Spots Near Anna Maria Island
It’s no secret that the beautiful Gulf Beaches are the main attraction in our area. With miles of water on either side, most within a short driving distance from one another, be sure to stretch out and visit all of the local amenities the islands offer! The island Comber’s have compiled a list of our favorite businesses between Anna Maria Island and Casey Key! After putting them all together in a neat directory categorized by business type, we combed through these Island Businesses again and made a list of the top 20 BEST VACATION STOPS. Check it out:
Beach- It’s what brought you here to begin with, and each has something unique to offer.
- Catch the sunset on Anna Maria Island’s Holmes Beach! Miles of seashells sprawled out on the white sandy shore line. If you post it to Instagram, be sure to use our hashtag #islandcombers
- Enjoy a fun-filled day with the family at Coquina Beach, designed to prolong your stay, and has turned many islanders into permanent beach bums. This beach includes a playground, fishing, picnic tables, concessions, volleyball, restrooms, picnic shelters/grills and more.
The Island Comber’s Best Spots Near Anna Maria Island list wouldn’t be complete without a mention of our great piers!
3. Historic Bridge Street Pier 200 Bridge St. Bradenton Beach
4. Rod & Reel Pier 875 North Shore Dr. Anna Maria Island
While you’ve got water on the brain, be sure to check out some of the many Vacation Supply & Equipment Rentals Serving Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key & Siesta Key
5. Fun & More Rentals– #1 in Family Fun! Whatever you need, they’ve got it! Golf cart rentals, baby items, cribs, toddler beds, rollaway beds, bikes for the whole family, kayaks, paddle boards, boogie boards, skim boards, beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, grills, coolers, grocery delivery, and so much more! http://www.funandmorerentals.com/
6. Check out additional nearby adventures on your AMI vacation with Adventure Away! Visit their website https://www.adventureaway.com/top-adventures/ Charters, Airboat Tours, Segway Tours, Jetskis, Jetboards, Kayak, SUP, Parasailing, and more! If you are looking for some water sports, leisure tours or something more custom for your friends & family, this is the place to call!
After a fun-filled beach day, make your way over to Studio 104 or Acqua Aveda for some well-deserved pampering on Anna Maria Island.
7. Studio 104, owned by two island sisters, offering the best nail & hair care for the entire family. Specializing in quick cuts, acrylic nails, and extensions, you’ll be more than prepared for a night on the town after an appt with Kim or Christine Morin. 2501 Gulf Dr. N Unit 104 941. 778.5989 104studio.com
8. Acqua Aveda on the Beach is a full-service salon offering massage, makeup, and pampering services that will recharge you after a day in the sun. 5311 Gulf Dr. AMI 941.778.5400 acquaaveda.com
Looking for the best places to shop near Anna Maria? Check these out.
9. Restless Natives Gifts- Local Artisan Treasures & One of a Kind gifts. . 5416 Marina Dr. Holmes Beach 941. 779.2624 Shop Online RestlessNativeGifts.com
10. Bazaar Shops! They have everything you need for the beach including t-shirts, novelty items, and everyone’s favorite beachwear brands like Costa & Salt Life. Great place to get your decals! Bazaarshops.com or visit one of their two locations
Island Bazaar 3304 E Bay Dr. 941.778.3443
Bridge St. Bazaar 117 Bridge St. Bradenton Beach 941.778.3400
11. Jewelry by Cole in St. Armand’s Circle offers a beautiful selection of Sea Life Jewelry. With a goldsmith on premises, you are sure to leave with something new to treasure, or a redesign of something you already have that can serve as a reminder of your time here.
After all this shopping, you’re bound to have worked up an appetite, and dining on the islands is a breeze no matter what your budget or tastes are.
12. Island Coffee Haus 5350 Gulf Dr. Holmes Beach 896. 4870 You will always find a friendly mix of locals, snowbirds, and visitors. We took the time to mention them in our blog posts back in March. View it here: https://islandcomber.com/island-coffee-haus-anna-maria-island/
13. Try The Doctor’s Office or Anchor Inn for something a little stronger. 5312 Holmes Blvd. http://doctorsoffficeami.com
14. Looking for a local “hole in the wall” dive? Check out Anchor Inn! Complete with high def flat screen TV’S, 3 pool tables, 2 dart boards, and karaoke. Local Favorite with a relaxed atmosphere and cold drinks. https://www.facebook.com/Anchor-Inn-374940553566/
15. Maria’s Family Place 5904 Marina Dr. 941.254.4999 Open 7-3 Full Breakfast Menu Served All Day Island Time Mimosas $5 Sandwiches, Salads, Steaks, Seafood, Pastas and more!
16. Ugly Grouper 5704 Anna Maria Island 941.778.4402 One of the liveliest eateries on AMI. Live music, outdoor games, extensive tiki bar, budget-friendly food menu, excellent customer service. & one hell of an ugly Grouper out back.
17. Poppo’s Taqqeria 212C Pine Ave 941.254.7941 Gourmet Mexican Street Food You already know we are big fans, based on the March post we made about Poppo’s having “The BEST Lunch on Anna Maria Island. Visit here: https://islandcomber.com/poppos-taqueria-best-lunch-on-anna-maria-island/
18. Vinny & Cheryl’s Italian Kitchen 314 Pine Ave AMI 896.9754 “Little Italy in the Heart of Anna Maria”Gourmet Pizzas, Salads, Pasta, Fresh-Baked Italian Breads, Calzones, Strombolis and more! https://www.facebook.com/VCItalianKitchen/
19. Bridge Tender Inn 200 Bridge St. Ste A Bradenton Beach 941.778.1122 3 Bars. Fresh Ingredients, open 7 Days a Week! Nightly Entertainment. https://www.bridgetenderinn.rocks/
20. Wicked Cantina 101 7th St. N Bradenton Beach 941.281.2990 Tacos, Burgers & Seafood. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner 7:30 am- 9 pm daily.
We hope this quick reference has helped you navigate through the beautiful Gulf Beaches! The businesses in our community thank you for your support and look forward to seeing YOU during your next Anna Maria Island Vacation.. Be sure to stop by the Chamber of Commerce to pick up your copy of the Island Comber’s Directory Guide. Tell them the Island Comber’s say hello!
Want to feature your island business? Contact us today!
CALL US AT 863.703.BLUE
EMAIL US AT INFO@BLUEMARKETINGSERVICE.COM